Thursday 17 May 2012

Introducing Label: Life Skill

What is a Life Skill ? Definitions in wiki or dictionaries would differ, but this is how I define it. 'Life skill, is a trait, it's an attribute, which has the ability to make or break one's life.'

How does a skill qualify to be a life skill ? Let's understand from example. In stone-age, or say when man was hunter, the art of throwing stone or a spear was a life skill, 'coz man's life was dependent on it. Today there is no need, McDonalds and KFCs across the globe would prepare delicious meal for thyself.

As humanity has progressed, different life skills are required at different ages for different purpose to suit human desire for excellence !!!.

I was discussing this subject with couple of my friends, and I discovered that there exists a huge list of life skills today, every body considers or qualifies a very different set of traits he or she has honed over the period of years as life skill. This discovery gave me an idea to introduce the label 'Life Skill' and to write on the specific traits illustrating how these traits differentiate 'Winners' from 'Whiners' plus how to seed and nourish these skills.

So I ran a query within my friend circle to know all they can tell on these Life skill from the varied experiences they had. I received amazing response which is enough to trigger many many thoughts to publish under this label.

Folks, keep watching this blog and specifically the label 'Life Skill' to be illuminated.

No comments: